Sunday, April 19, 2009

Lesson Plan

Creating a technology enhanced lesson plan was a lot of fun. It did not take to much time. I think the students in any class will enjoy completing the lesson. There are so many sources available for the teacher to add in a technology component to any lesson. I took a lesson from my own classroom and was able to successfully create the lesson plan using information from a site I googled. It appears to me that the ease of doing this was seemingly easier than preparing a plan from the texts that are used in the district I work for.
If every teacher used the Internet or a stream of technologies in there approach, I feel at that point we can engage every student. If school systems had unlimited funds to use updated technology in every classroom than I would understand the NCLB act. Funding every district with enough money for computers in every classroom could only help to meet the desired results of No Child Left Behind.
Since I know can not change the way politicians allocate monies for education, I will just continue on in a limited capacity to try and enhance the learning of my students in the classroom I have. All in all I thought this was a fabulous assignment and I enjoyed creating the lesson!

3 comments:

  1. Great ideas, dh!

    The use of technology should be infused into the curriculum to enhance teaching and learning. This does not mean every lesson has to be filled with technological gadgets or trends. It means that we need to use the existing technology to make our teaching better.

    Your lesson plan was excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, at this point just mentioning to students that you are going to use some form of technology excites them. Most days I simply use a projector and screen to display PowerPoint in place of the regular chalk-board and I find students would actually rather look at that. I find there is no wasted time interpreting hand-writing and the ability to incorporate maps and photos and video clips into the presentation make it that much more engaging.
    And really PowerPoint is just the beginning, there is really just no way to predict what will be next and where the classroom is actually headed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also thought creating the lesson plan was fun...it took me more time to decide on a topic than it did to create the actual lesson. Using technology is a win-win...the students learning is enhanced and the teachers who chose to use technology and stay up to date with it learn a lot as well.

    ReplyDelete