Sunday, March 22, 2009

Web Page Building

Upon completion of the web page I built on the scholastic site I wanted to comment that I feel web pages are very important to not only studetns but parents and teachers as well. I think it is imperative for schools to incorporate them into their districts. It has been brought to my attention that my administration has stated that it would be appropriate for us to use them if we wanted to. This district is leaving the option open to whoever wants to set a web page up and use it. I think they should be used universally throughout the school district and especially if we are to advance the technology which seems to be a goal of the district I work in.
It appears to me that all schools should have a site that parents, teachers and other teachers could access. I wonder how many districts do use web pages to post homework and announcements? Please respond to my blog to let me know. It will be interesting to see a count of users v. non users. I will post the results if enough of you respond. Thanks in advance!

2 comments:

  1. You stated, "I think they should be used universally throughout the school district and especially if we are to advance the technology which seems to be a goal of the district I work in."

    I agree! Parents may start comparing which teachers have pages and which ones do not.

    When we chose the TeacherWeb software in my district, it made it uniform but also gave the teachers some creative options.

    Maybe you can suggest this in your district?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so for teachers to have classroom Web Pages! I use TeacherWeb software and it allows me so much creativity. I can upload documents I give out in class and if students loose it they just go and download and print. Class calendars, assignments, online ctivities you name it. It is very important that when the school year starts to include the information of your web page on your syllabus and to let parents know how you as a teacher will be using the site to enhance the lessons and the ability to communicate with the students. I VOTE YES

    ReplyDelete