Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Web Page

Using the Scholastic site to prepare a web page it seems almost to easy to be true. I had to prepare a web page using TeacherWeb a few years ago for a course I was taking . We needed to log on to our Professors log-in to do it at the time and I must say that it appeared a little more difficult. This web page equips you with the book lists, the site lists and maybe because technology has come so much further, this appears to be an easier site to use. Of course I have not visited the TeacherWeb site in some time so perhaps that site is also easier to use now.
The only drawback to this is that my school will most likely not allow me to use the web page. I think they are great . If parents can be involved , by viewing what is needed by students for your class, I know most of them would read the site and push their child to complete projects, and homework assignments.
Many of the parents of my students, are younger than I am and are very much into the use of technology themselves. They would relish this ability to check the work that their child needs to do for the class. I know I would have loved to be able to see what my child was responsible for.
The school I worked for previously used a site that encouraged teachers to post homework and when I worked there I enjoyed posting the homework daily. It was accessible to both students and parents.
I enjoy building the web page and I agree with my classmates in saying that beginning this assignment is not as daunting as beginning the Webquest!

3 comments:

  1. Donna,

    Thank you for posting.

    I cannot wait to see your finished site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,

    I agree with you, having a class webpage is great for the students and also getting the parents involved in their school lives.

    I'm also curious as to why you don’t think your current school district all you to create a webpage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Monica. It's sad that a school would not want their teachers to have a website. I suppose they are worried about content control, but it seems a bit short-sighted.

    ReplyDelete